NOTE: This position is a MID - SENIOR level position and NOT an entry level position.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL TIME, CONTRACT TO HIRE, AND CONTRACT (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
We’re looking for a Front-End Web Developer who can design and implement new and our existing Social B2B Marketplace dynamic, scalable Web application(s) using web development best practices and processes. The Front-End Web Developer will adopt, embrace, and promote agile test-driven practices with the team. We’re looking for someone who values team excellence and has a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable and reusable code that scales and performs well. The candidate should be able to take on difficult technical challenges and be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced, agile environment.
- Interact with cross-functional teams both internal and external in analyzing and translating the functional requirements into technical solutions and specifications.
- Participate in the architectural discussions and provide technical insights into User Experience/Design decisions to maintain consistency across multiple product platforms.
- Develop web applications (user interfaces, data visualizations, and reports) that interface various backend systems and services.
- Research, debug, and provide bug fixes for new releases and production issues.
- Create and maintain documentation diligently for UX/UI design standards, technical topics, processes, and all code changes.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with general UI template libraries like Handlebars (MUST), Mustache, etc.
- Knowledge of problems and solutions for cross browser compatibility
- Knowledge of techniques for improving performance of the web pages using HTML, JS and CSS optimization
- Ability to code according to varying levels of specifications created by UI designers in order to create mock-ups, prototypes and final product
- Ability to work in highly interactive design cycles
- Experience building products for fast growing web or mobile products
- A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment.
- Must be team player with solid communication skills, strong time management, creative analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail working individually and in small teams.
- Experience building Mobile & large-scale Web based E-commerce applications.
- Proficiency with PHP, Node JS framework.
- Proficiency with Cloud computing concepts and developing with Amazon AWS.
- Experience using Messaging Queues such as RabbitMQ.
- Experience using Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
Balluun is a growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) start-up company in the exciting and expanding B2B Social Commerce space. Balluun launches industry specific social marketplaces where B2B wholesale sellers and buyers can discover, connect and engage with each other to grow and expand their business while conducting all transactions securely on an industry relevant social commerce platform. Balluun’s multi-tenant cloud architecture enables partners to easily and cost-effectively create and scale their digital marketplaces with a fully integrated social experience to deliver B2B e-commerce 24/7/365.