Balluun is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company in B2B Social Commerce. Balluun launches industry specific social networks where B2B wholesale trading partners can connect and engage with each other to grow and expand their business while conducting all transactions securely on an industry relevant social commerce platform.
With headquarters in Zürich and offices in Silicon Valley and the Greater New York Region, Balluun is creating cloud-to-mobile solutions with patented technologies powering business-to-business communities, commerce, and services worldwide that help partners increase revenue and audience engagement. Balluun’s multi-tenant cloud architecture enables partners to easily and cost-effectively create and scale their own digital marketplaces with a fully integrated social architecture to deliver B2B e-commerce 24/7/365.
The Domain Account Manager is responsible for managing partner relationships, strategy, planning and team coordination to best meet and exceed the business goals for an assigned industry-specific domain. This position is responsible for overall client growth and success and is accountable for providing strategic direction and growth, contributing to Balluun’s business development efforts, managing the financial health and profitability (P&L) of assigned domains and supervising dedicated staff performance.
External Relationship Management
- Cultivates trusted senior-level relationships to achieve highest level of partner satisfaction/retention
- Leverages partners brand and industry expertise to ensure assigned domain is configured and aligned with user needs and optimized user experience
- Plays an executive level role leading quarterly business review meetings and participates in other senior-level partner and internal meetings
- Synthesizes Balluun’s product development, marketing, data, customer success and internal sales capabilities to deliver an innovative partner and end-user solution within a dedicated industry.
- Accountable for growing user base, paid subscriptions and sponsorships by setting goals and continuously seeking new opportunities to drive revenue by expanding services through a keen understanding of the users’ business challenges/goals
- Effectively articulates and balances Balluuns’ vision and business objectives with those of the partner and users.
- Strategic focus and capable of overseeing the implementation of business plans but also a willingness and desire to “roll-up-the-sleeves” and execute wherever needed.
- Directly or indirectly responsible for the performance and success of dedicated sales, customer success and marketing staff on assigned domain, ensuring the overall team is performing at a high level where employees are empowered, accountable and motivated to do their best
- Role models company values and plays a leadership role in creating a cohesive culture across all global offices
- Sets performance, accountability and attitude example for assigned direct reports that is in alignment with company values.
- Proactively enhances the domain and Balluun brands through blogs, articles, speaking or attendance at conferences
- Develop internal budgets and forecasts, and applying company financial objectives back into the organization
- Responsible for subscription and partner billing activity, budgeting, expense tracking and marketing/media spend management to ensure that the financial aspect of Balluun’s relationship with the partner is accurate and operates correctly
- Drive and implement global domain growth strategy
- Work collaboratively across all teams and functional groups to ensure performance level exceeds expectations for assigned domain
- Proactively looks for ways to improve current processes or introduce new approaches that will contribute to success
- Outstanding ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a distributed, user-centric, cross-functional environment.
- Ability to conceptualize and articulate goals and objectives for partners and staff.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and to develop and implement relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations.
- Executive level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to frequently “roll-up-the-sleeves” and execute tactically
- Proven track record of building partnerships and managing and developing a cohesive team in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of stress tolerance.
- Ability to set priorities, to lead and work cooperatively to support internal/external requirements.
- Strong technical understanding of CMS, CRM and marketing automation systems as well as B2B e-commerce and social media platforms
- Proven track record of successfully directing and managing client-service focused technical project execution.
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a staff.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of client or partner management experience working on large, integrated accounts preferably a multi-national one.
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated success in managing an account team in the digital B2B media, social or e-commerce industry
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated success, industry experience, subject matter expertise and account growth within a digital agency, partner engagement enterprise or SaaS environment.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity. Proven experience with test and learn environments and managing clients with this mindset
- Proven success in growing existing and new business.
- P&L responsibility and prior experience managing the financials in a revenue share, partner services organization.
- Adept at setting and managing partner expectations as it relates to scope, delivery of product/service and revenue.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other internal and partner capabilities to meet common goals.