Balluun is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company in B2B Social Commerce. Balluun launches industry specific social networks where B2B wholesale trading partners can connect and engage with each other to grow and expand their business while conducting all transactions securely on an industry relevant social commerce platform.
With headquarters in Zürich and offices in Silicon Valley and the Greater New York Region, Balluun is creating cloud-to-mobile solutions with patented technologies powering business-to-business communities, commerce, and services worldwide that help partners increase revenue and audience engagement. Balluun’s multi-tenant cloud architecture enables partners to easily and cost-effectively create and scale their own digital marketplaces with a fully integrated social architecture to deliver B2B e-commerce 24/7/365.
The Marketing Associate will be responsible for developing, designing and deploying multi-channel marketing materials and campaigns across all assigned industry-specific domains. This person will play a key marketing role by driving and supporting acquisition, onboarding and retention of paid subscribers and building overall user traffic by delivering high-quality attendee and exhibitor projects such as print and web ads, emails, eNewsletters, auto-messages, sales and marketing collateral and data sheets.
- Proactively contributes ideas and insights related to marketing programs to add value to the overall campaign and user experience
- Understands and executes against domain marketing strategy and vision
- Suggests contact plan enhancements based on results, best practices and/or experiences with other events
- Works independently in each marketing discipline; delivers a high quality of work
- Understands specific needs for assigned industry and targeted supplier or retailer communications
- Independently manages own schedule well and coordinates schedules with other support teams to meet deadlines
- Proactively manages marketing deliverables and communicates updates to Director of Content and Digital Marketing
- Understands key marketing performance metrics and uses tracking tools to measure the effectiveness of the marketing activities; translates results into actionable insights
- Proactively applies best practices from other assignments that improve process or performance across current domains
- Proactively keeps Director of Content and Digital Marketing informed of project status and deliverables
- Actively supports tactical execution of projects
- Excellent communication skills and ability to represent activities across departments.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Collaborative, team player who works well in a team and across departments
- Works and communicates effectively with other Marketing Associates, Directors and Senior Management in a globally distributed workforce model
- Communicates effectively with internal/external clients; represents Balluun well
- Undergraduate degree required
- 5-7 years in similar position with track record of increasing responsibility. B2B and/or SaaS environment highly desired
- Ability to perform key role and stretch to meet ad hoc assignments as needed
- Must demonstrate strong proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel, Power Point), Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp (or equivalent), CRM solutions ,Marketing Automation software.
- Basic HTML Knowledge
- Solid copywriter
- Strong problem-solving capability and high tolerance for the ambiguity found in a start-up environment
- Ability to contribute subject matter expertise and establish best practices