Balluun is on a mission to transform B2B commerce. Our innovative, multi-tenant SaaS platform powers industry-specific “domains” - B2B social marketplaces - where subscribers (wholesale suppliers and buyers) can discover, connect, and transact. We partner with trade associations or trade show organizations to launch each domain with a highly qualified member base, and apply a scalable model to grow members and revenue of each domain. Currently we have domains in the fashion, toy, spa & wellness industries (among several others) with leading brands and buyers in those industries, and we are rapidly acquiring new domains all over the world.
Our SaaS product seamlessly integrates social media and e-commerce features, and spans across desktop, mobile web, and mobile apps. It is a truly unique product that offers fascinating potentials in terms of innovation and growth.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are looking for a talented UX/UI designer with strong expertise in user interaction design and track record of creating outstanding user experience across web and mobile products. As the only full-time designer on the team initially, you have the opportunity to establish a strong design vision across all our product lines, web and mobile, and execute on that vision with diligence and precision while working collaboratively with other functional teams. You will play a critical role in our small and dynamic team, and the role will expand as the company grows.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Set design direction and establish comprehensive style guide for our products as we revamp the usability across web/mobile, including a mobile responsive website and mobile apps.
- Lead and participate in design sessions with multi-disciplinary teams including business stakeholders, product owners and development.
- Create information architecture and user interaction wireframes for web and mobile features
- Present design concepts to the executive team and articulate design principles and choices
- Work closely with the product manager to produce pixel-perfect designs for web and mobile features/stories that are ready for development
- Help review UI implementation and work with front-end engineers to make adjustment before each release
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design of web and mobile product (responsive web and native apps).
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experienced with user research and usability testing tools and techniques to gather quantitative and qualitative data for basis of user experience design decisions
- Must have a portfolio with commercial quality web and mobile apps (iOS in particular), preferably related to social networks, e-commerce, and B2B/SaaS
- Must be up-to-date with current design trends, concepts and tools
- Ability to initiate ideas and present design decisions with convincing arguments.
- Experience working in a dynamic, start-up environment with minimal supervision but lots of collaboration and rapid iterations.
- Proficient with industry-standard graphic design and wireframing/prototyping tools (Adobe creative suite)
- Ability to code in html/css is definitely a plus
- Undergraduate/Graduate degrees required in HCI (Human Computer Interaction), graphic design or other art/design related fields.
NOTE: This is NOT a remote opportunity. This is an onsite position in Sunnyvale, California.
Please include a link to your portfolio in your resume or job application.